Junior Project Manager - SCIL Nanoimprint Solutions (Freelance)
For the transfer of 300mm SCIL tool manufacturing from PES to VDL we need a junior project manager that manages the transfer projects on a daily basis. He will working closely with PES, VDL and SCIL project management to ensure a smooth transfer.
In this role you have the opportunity to
Work for Philips' Venture SCIL Nanoimprinting Solutions. This venture delivers equipment, consumables and processes for the creation of nano structures on wafers. This cutting edge technology enable manufacturers of LEDs, lasers, optical components, solar cells, bio-sensors and many others to increase performance and lower end-product costs.
Together with Philips Engineering Solutions (PES), SCIL has developed an imprint module that can imprint wafers up to 300mm. The first two tools have been built by PES and will be delivered to a US based customer soon.
For the realization of more 300mm imprint modules SCIL has decided to use VDL-ETG as the manufacturer and the transfer of all necessary information from PES to VDL-ETG has started. Furthermore, several equipment related projects for customers and SCIL?s own infrastructure require project management support.
You are responsible for
Together with the Project Manager you are responsible for End-to-End leading of the project to execute the realization of the 300mm imprint module with our subcontractor VDL-ETG. You will also play a vital role in other equipment related projects at SCIL. You?re work has a direct impact on the overall success of SCIL.
You will work closely with PES and VDL-ETG to ensure a successful execution of the project from transfer of the know-how to VDL-ETG, aligning change requests, realization of the build up to final acceptance of the equipment. This all while balancing schedule, cost, quality and requirements.
You make sure to involve the right internal and external resources to successfully close the project by coordinating activities between different partners.
Key responsibilities defined:
- Work closely with engineering, manufacturing and assembling partners inside and outside Philips;
- Identify project risks and develop / deploy corrective actions to bring the project to completion;
- Reports on project performance and progress information to the project manager;
- Ensuring there is an effective transfer to the subcontractor and archiving of the project results and the associated knowledge;
- Organize the resources to be used (quality, time, allocation, budget and information) and help the team to organize and specifies the quality standard in the processes;
- Be alert for quality deliverables;
You are part of
An exciting start-up organization within Philips. SCIL Nanoimprint solutions is a technology venture of Philips IP&S that develops and deliver solutions for high volume nanoimprinting on large wafers. Based on years of R&D in Substrate Conformal Imprint Lithography (SCIL) our solutions enable manufacturers of LEDs, lasers, optical components, solar cells, bio-sensors and many others to increase performance and lower end-product costs. We provide to our customers
- Tooling and processes for small series and high volume production
- Consumables (stamp and imprint material)
- Dedicated processes for specific customer requirements
The current team consists of 12 people and is working closely with Philips Engineering Solutions and several industrial partners like VDL-ETG, TBRM and Osiris.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor or Master degree in mechanical, electrical or mechatronics;
- Project management experience in multi-disciplinary projects (within the high-tech industry);
- Strong technical skills;
- Takes ownership and shows flexibility
- Eye for quality and details
- Experience in multidisciplinary teams;
- Experience with ODM (Outsourcing of Design and Manufacturing on basis of in house specification);
- Team player with excellent communication skills and a customer centric attitude
- Feel challenged working with uncertainty in a fast paced start-up environment
- Preferably speaking and writing Dutch and English