Junior Data Scientist
In this role, you have the opportunity to be part of our interesting and challenging journey to add value to our global marketing teams, through meaningful advanced analytics techniques and tools.
Data science is booming at Philips!
All kinds of advanced analytics are already being utilized throughout our organization and new POCs are delivered every week. Do you combine a willingness to explore new opportunities to drive analytical insights with a can-do personality? As Jr. Data scientist you work out business cases together with the global marketing teams and crunch data to uncover formerly unknown facts and patterns.
In this role, you are a part of Enterprise Information Management (EIM), a central function at Philips that brings company-wide information under central guidance and with it, enables performance management and analytic solutions that equip stakeholders across the entire company with the insights to make better business decisions.
Our fast-growing Insights and Analytics team is located between The Netherlands and India and builds solutions for Enabling Functions at Philips. Working in a team together with solution developers and analysts/consultants, you will work closely with business partners to translate business needs and requirements into advanced analytics solutions and/or explore new opportunities to expand our AI&ML project portfolio with new value-adding use cases.
You are responsible for
• Interacting closely with the business to understand and translate requirements or identify opportunities;
• Data exploration, mining, cleansing activities (including extending company’s data with 3rd party sources where applicable);
• Selecting features, building and optimizing classifiers;
• Recognizing appropriate approaches and building and optimizing tools;
• Working with consultants and/or analysts to translate results into business value/impact and present results to our stakeholders in a clear manner;
• Proactively exploring new data science and advanced analytic opportunities at Philips and relaying these proposals to potential stakeholders;
• Staying up to date with the latest AI&ML technologies, techniques.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
• A Bachelor or Master’s degree in a relevant field (Computer Science, Mathematics, Econometrics, Statistics Information Management/Systems, or similar);
• Excellent understanding of statistical analysis skills, such as distributions, regression, etc.
• Experience with common data science toolkits, such as R and Python;
• Experience with the application of artificial intelligence & machine learning tools to solve business problems;
• Worked in an agile (scrum) environment with globally distributed teams;
• Business acumen and articulation skills; ability to capture business needs and translate into a viable, value-adding solution;
• Good communication, presentation and documentation skills.
• Exposure to Business Intelligence topics and methodology (preferably, some exposure to Qlikview and Qlik Sense BI tools);
In return we offer you
• Challenging and interesting design and development projects;
• The freedom to explore opportunities and to shape deliverables;
• Working in a highly motivated, diverse team.
Why should you join our team at Philips?
Working for Philips is more than just an assignment. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
Sign up for new opportunities