Hardware Designer Video
Hardware Designer Video (Contract)
Location: High Tech Campus Eindhoven
Duration: 9 months (option for a longer contract/tenure)
Budget range: €3.500- 4900 per month
In this role, you will have the opportunity to make life better:
Looking at the challenges the world is facing today Philips’ purpose has never been more relevant. So, whatever your role, if you share our passion for helping others, you’ll be working towards creating a better and fairer future for all.
In the HW Design Engineer role you will be a part of the multidisciplinary Shared Platform Components Team and you will bring innovative 2D and 3D imaging clinical solutions to our customers around the world. We help physicians to decide, guide, treat and confirm the right care in real time during a minimal invasive procedure to enable better outcomes for each patient. We touch patients’ lives when it matters most and we aim to do it in the most reliable, effective and sustainable way.
Your responsibilities will be focused on new product development and supporting of our console connection infrastructure design activities with a focus on video connectivity (input and output). You will be responsible for documenting our newest console’s video connectivity infrastructure design (requirements, specifications, and part selection) and confirming the design functionality through informal testing. You will collaborate closely with the Console and Product Architects, System Designers, and System Verification Engineers for knowledge sharing and reviews.
When you choose to work at Philips you’ll work on life-changing projects; and contribute to innovative health technologies and solutions that improve billions of lives around the world.
You will be responsible for:
- Documenting, reviewing, testing, and modifying (if needed) the existing video connectivity design leading to a final robust and reliable design for our multi-modality imaging console
- Informal testing of the design to ensure functional performance (in advance of formal testing). Assessing issues identified during testing, taking remedial actions as needed.
- Documenting the video connectivity design in compliance with Quality System requirements.
- Establishing and documenting test methods at the element or part level, including safety and compliance testing as appropriate. Executing the tests if needed.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience:
- Bachelors or Master's degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent relevant degree and a minimum 5 years of experience.
- Previous design experience in a regulated environment (preferably medical device industry)
- A broad technical knowledge on video hardware, cabling, interfaces coupled with the ability to investigate and troubleshoot issues
- Advanced knowledge of video interfaces, standards, basic parameters (resolution, refresh date), relevant electrical safety / isolation aspects (basic safety, difference between IEC 60950 and 60601, main differences between US/EU/Asia mains) and implications thereof for hardware/cabling (including some basic understanding of EMC)
- A proactive and collaborative approach to interface with colleagues and knowledge/information repositories regarding the design (choices, constraints)
- Ability to distill key requirements for our application from datasheets and component descriptions
- A pragmatic approach to anticipating and addressing deployment challenges, i.e. ability to bridge theory/design and practice
- A basic understanding for engineering quality in the context of medical device development (documentation, traceability, sourcing) and quality systems
- Experience using laboratory tools equipment such as oscilloscopes and soldering stations etc
You are a part of
Philips is a global leader in health technology, committed to improving billions of lives worldwide and striving to make the world healthier and more sustainable through innovation. Driven by the vision of a better tomorrow.
But it’s not just what we do, it’s who we are. We are 80,000, wonderfully unique individuals, with two things in common: An unwavering sense of purpose and a relentless determination to deliver on our customers’ needs. It’s what inspires us to create meaningful solutions – the kind that make a real difference – when it matters most.
The world and our customers’ needs are changing faster than ever before and while we are proud of what we do already, we know we can do more. That’s why we need you, to help us tackle increasingly complex challenges posed by ever evolving health and well-being needs.
In return, we offer you:
For this project, you’ll work for Philips and become a contract or permanent employee of YACHT (a Randstad company). As a contractor at Philips you'll enjoy cutting-edge challenges and unexpected experiences that make you a more in-demand professional. And as a YACHT employee, you can expect to receive ongoing support with your personal development and future prospects.
YACHT provides all employees with a range of benefits, including pension, social security payments and potential to earn a quarterly bonus as well as a mobile and travel allowance.
Why work on a project at Philips?
If you’re looking for meaningful work and a chance to tackle complex challenges, broaden your skills and expertise and become an even more sought after professional, you’ll find all that and more with project work at Philips.
The Randstad companies are responsible for finding talent to provide services at Philips. If you are selected to provide services for Philips, you will be employed by Randstad and will not be an employee of Philips.