Function Developer Cutting Elements
Developing cutting elements for grooming and beauty appliances, e.g. shavers, trimmers, clippers, body-groomers, oneblades and epilators. You safeguard our trusted values regarding functionality, design and simplicity.
- Translating commercial, user and function requirements into technical cutting element specifications;
- Developing and engineering appropriate cutting element modules;
- Safeguarding functionality, performance, quality, reliability and manufacturability of cutting elements;
- Planning, realizing and steering the development of the cutting element functions;
- Find, re-use, generate and capture the knowledge needed to further develop the primary function of our devices.
- Influencing strategic decisions based on his expert knowledge;
- Generating necessary input for roadmap and strategy discussions;
- Cooperating with colleagues and other departments and can influence people and help build a team.
- You have a Master or PhD in Mechanical Engineering, Applied Physics, or alike.
- You have an interest in understanding the underlying principles and mechanisms that determine how products work.
- You have experience in the field of function development for consumer products.
- You are familiar with state-of-the-art development techniques.
- You show passion for (complex) technical puzzles, always working towards thorough understanding and knowledge build-up by determining theoretical or empirical models.
- Skills in Python, Matlab and FEM are a plus
- You are quality driven. Experience with Design for Six Sigma is a plus
- The ability to balance innovation and practical realization.
- You are a team player with good organizing and communication skills.
In this role, you have the opportunity to develop cutting elements for grooming and beauty appliances from initial idea towards mass manufacturing. This will be done within diverse and multidisciplinary development teams.