Function Development Engineer
In this role, you have the opportunity to be at the cradle of new Homecare innovations that make many households a better place.
Our challenge is to
As a Function Development Engineer you will define and develop new functions providing competitive advantage to our Homecare product propositions! You will deliver meaningful innovations to satisfy consumer and well as business needs. Your challenge will be to balance out technology options with commercial viability and time to market.
Join our success!
You are responsible for
• Concept and function development within multi-disciplinary project teams;
• Developing new and optimizing existing product concepts based on consumer needs;
• Together with your project lead translating consumer and business needs into product propositions given your technical input as well as in conjunction with marketing, consumer research and procurement organization;
• Deliver burden of proof for work packages in projects according to agreed time, quality and cost;
• Manage your own project planning as well as manage interfaces towards other functions, inputs and outputs;
• Scout technologies and assess the feasibility of applications;
• Give input in the creation of roadmaps for future product platforms.
You are a part of
One of Philips’ most successful teams, with a growth that manages to over-deliver time after time. Our dynamic team consist of over 60 engineers and is responsible for complete cycle of product development such as product and consumer research, pre-development, mechanical and electrical engineering, project management and realization.
Our pre-development team is at the frontline of innovations in Floor care, together with 15 Function Development Engineers you will be working mainly in Advanced Development projects and report to the pre-development Group Leader.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
• Engineering background: Bachelor / Master degree in technical domain study, for example Mechanical, Electrical Engineering, Physics, Mechatronics, Industrial Design or similar major;
• Proven track record in consumer product development for at least 3 years or one complete product development cycle;
• Design for Experiments;
• Drive for quality yet with pragmatic and ‘can do’ positive approach to a dynamic environment;
• Ability to sketch designs and translate it into technical descriptions as well as ability to prototype own designs in the workshop;
• Good communication skills in English both verbally and written;
• Influencing skills;
• A great deal of self-discipline and perseverance to deliver (despite of challenging and often contradictive KPI’s) either solo or in teams.
In return, we offer you
We believe that every mega growth period creates an exceptional career runway. In fact, our leadership team gets out of bed every morning with the sole focus of growing the business and growing the people who contribute to it. Luckily, you are the benefactor of this unique opportunity and leadership commitment- likely to experience an exciting high stakes, mobility-focused environment from which to create your own future – personally, professionally & financially.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.