Front end WEB and Digital Designer
The Marketing Excellence team is looking for an experienced Front end WEB and Digital Designer that plan, create and code web pages, using both non-technical and technical skills to produce websites that fit the customer's requirements. The platform used for our websites is Share Point and Wagtail, so it is important that this professional know very well this environments for web design.
They are involved in the technical and graphical aspects of pages, producing not just the look of the website, but determining how it works as well. Web designers might also be responsible for the maintenance of an existing site.
The term web developer is sometimes used interchangeably with web designer, but this can be confusing. The recent growth in touchscreen phones and tablet devices has dictated a new way of designing websites, with the web designer needing to ensure that web pages are responsive no matter what type of device a viewer is using. Therefore the need to test websites at different stages of design, on a variety of different devices, has become an important aspect of the job.
Your Challenge and responsibilities
Web designer duties will vary depending, but can include:
• meeting internal teams to identify their needs and liaising regularly with them;
• drawing up detailed websites and online interfaces specifications in Wagtail and Share Point;
• designing sample page layouts including text size and colours;
• designing graphics, animations and manipulating digital photographs;
• presenting initial design ideas to internal teams;
• coding using a variety of software;
• working with different content management systems;
• designing the website's visual imagery and ensuring it's in line with company branding policy or the requirements of the client;
• proofreading content and making changes where necessary;
• editing content, debugging code and re-designing web pages;
• working with other web specialists including web developers and graphic designers;
• liaising with outside agencies;
• testing the website to ensure it is working;
• handing the completed website over to the client;
• post-sales technical support;
• training client's staff;
• researching current design trends;
• continual professional development to keep up to date with new software developments.
The Marketing Excellence team sits within Philips global headquarters in BCD&M. This is the principle central marketing function that is charged with digital thought leadership and the deployment of capabilities and digital framework globally.
We are looking for
6+ years of work experience as web designer. You will need to show evidence of the following soft and technical skills. The soft skills required include:
• attention to detail;
• creativity and higher sensibility ad talent in building world class web sites and online interfaces;
• team leading;
• problem solving;
• delivering presentations;
• ability to teach yourself new technical skills;
• communication skills.
The technical skills are:
• Knowledge in Share Point and Wagtail
• programming: .net; XML/XSLT; ASP; PHP; Python.
• design and graphics: InDesign; Illustrator; Photoshop; Fireworks; Flash.
• content management system (CMS): Share Point/Wagtail.