You will strengthen the team with your embedded software design specialization and make a substantial contribution to the innovation of product and process. You will develop new products, using the latest technologies and resources, often realizing systems based on unverified specifications. You will be challenged to show an abstract understanding of concepts but at the same time show in-depth low level programming knowledge of C++.
- Responsible for the design, realization and test of a system, subsystem or component in accordance with the higher level Requirement and - Design specifications / architectures.
- Implements the design or coaches others during the implementation.
- Develops the work with focus on consumer needs and technological competitiveness, and keeps this outside-in approach in mind for the created designs.
- Determines the Unit interfaces (HW/SW), in close consultation with relevant disciplines.
- Ensures that there is proper documentation for the developed hardware/software/mechanics.
- Understands and communicates consequences of his/her design on the architecture.
- Keeps abreast of technical developments in own field through study of the literature, and technical contacts, and propagates it.
- Performs work in line with the processes that have been agreed in the department
- Contributes to (SW-) technology roadmaps and other strategic related activities.
- Contributes to the Work Breakdown Structure/ the planning process of his/her area.
- Inspires other team members to get the job done.
Within Philips Healthcare in Best, the Business Unit Image Guided Therapy Systems is responsible for marketing, development and manufacturing of X-ray systems in the area of cardiac or vascular medical diagnosis and intervention (e.g. a “dotter” treatment). The customers are hospitals, medical specialists and universities. Philips Healthcare develops and manufactures world-class medical products. One of its success products is the Azurion image guided therapy platform. This platform is allows our customers to easily and confidently perform procedures with a unique user experience, helping them to optimize lab performance and to provide superior care.
You will be contributing to a team developing technical software for controlling X-ray acquisition. X-ray acquisition is the process of controlling the X-ray beam and detecting the transmitted X-ray beam to deliver a high quality image. This is in close cooperation with other teams in the business unit.
You will be working closely with the Software system architect(s) and test and integration engineers in the department.
We are looking for
A candidate having:
- Academic or bachelor degree in informatics
- 5+ years of experience in technical software development
- C++ 11 knowledge
- Software modeling experience (UML, DSL, Dezyne, …)
- Experienced with programming hardware
- Experienced in working with legacy code
- Windows 7/10
- (WindRiver) Linux
- Knowledge of GPU programming and/or GUI frameworks like DirectX
- Preferably experience with using and building DSL’s (Xtext/Xtend)
- Can do style