Electronics Designer (Freelance)
In this role, you have the opportunity to accelerate innovation and the creation of new healthcare products that matter.
You are responsible for
- Design, realization, and verification of complex electronic circuits, systems, or components
- Development on basis of design specifications in accordance with the functional specifications, modeling and simulation of circuitry using tools like LTSPICE, and analysis and verification of the performance
- Finalization of design specifications, schematics, and documentation, and definition and documentation of test scenarios
- Application of safety and quality standards like IEC60601-1, IEC62304, UL, CE, EU MDR, FDA to complex electronic systems in the Healthcare domain
- Supporting the creation of project plans in consultation with the customer and other partners, ensuring clarity on requirements, effort, and deliverables
- Communication of technical progress towards customers and the project team
You are a part of
The Electronic Systems & IoT department is part of Philips Innovation Services and located on the High Tech Campus in Eindhoven (the Netherlands). Philips Innovation Services draws upon a huge range of resources and know-how to support our customers in bringing their innovations to market, as fast and as efficiently possible. Our pragmatic technology experts and consultants benefit from decades of experience supporting customers in Philips Businesses, Philips Research and hundreds of companies outside Philips. Each day brings new challenges as we work in many different projects. Learn more about how Philips Innovation Services fits the strategy of Philips.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- A Bachelor or Master degree in Electronics or Electronic Engineering
- At least 5 years of relevant and demonstrable experience in Electronics or Electrical product development (including verification), preferably in the medical domain
- Knowledge of standards that apply to Connectivity (FCC, ETSI, IEEE, ?), the development of electronic systems in general and/or the Healthcare domain in particular
- Experience with tooling for test-automation (e.g. LabVIEW, Python) is preferred
- Experience with implementation and verification of IoT Connectivity standards (4G/5G, LTE CAT M1, NB-IoT, Wi-Fi, BLE, ?), their complex eco-systems, their application domains, and their key components in a consumer/professional product environment, encompassing hardware (including the radio part) and (low level) firmware is a plus
- Proven track record of applying a structured and precise way of working
- Excellent communication skills, and a customer-centric attitude combined with a problem-solving and pragmatic attitude
- Experience with working in dynamic, multi-disciplinary and multi-site development teams
In return, we offer you
A high-tech environment where you will be working in a team of experienced engineers on key innovations primarily for Philips but also for large external companies.
On the basis of his/her professional specialisation, makes a substantial contribution to the innovation of product and process. Develops new products, using the latest technologies and resources, often realising systems based on unverified specifications.