Job title: Electrical Designer
In this role, you have the opportunity to develop electrical (sub-) systems and solutions (including their validation, testing and troubleshooting) for interventional Guided Therapy systems (fixed interventional X-Ray systems). You will work within a multi-disciplinary team on applying research results and technology advancements while taking care of the total system.
You are responsible for
• the design, realization and test of a system, subsystem and component
• developing the work with focus on consumer needs and technological competitiveness
• developing on the basis of design specifications in accordance with the functional specifications and tests
• finalizing the design specifications, schematics, drawings and writing test scenarios’ for the modules and components
• drawing-up personal schedules and reporting on progress, while keeping in mind the costs of the activities
• delivering input in the planning process to the project leader
• delivering proper documentation for the developed hardware/software/mechanics
You are a part of the electrical department of the mechatronic development cluster within the IGT Fixed Systems R&D organization. The department consists of an open and multi-cultural team working on lifecycle management (PQ&M) and new product introductions (NPI). The key competences of the electronics department are hardware infrastructure, interconnectivity, power infrastructure and electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) on system level.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
• The designer has minimum a Master of Science or related technical degree in electrical-, electronics-, mechatronics engineering or related engineering discipline.
• a minimum of 3+ years of relevant experience in professional engineering environment
• Experience in new product introduction or life-cycle development in the industry
• Being a team player with good managerial skills (soft skills)
• Good communication skills in English and preferably also in Dutch
• Drive for quality
• Demonstrated ability in reliability engineering