DevOps Engineer (Freelance)
Location: Best, NL
In this role, you have the opportunity to play a part in the development of Image Guided Therapy (IGT) Systems from Concept Start until End of Life, and to contribute to the way our innovations improve the health of our customers.
As a Software Engineer with a DevOps mentality you will be one of the key players to make the most productive and efficient software development environment for IGT, in a harmonized local cloud enabled infrastructure. If you like innovation and drive for change, then we are looking for you!
You would be responsible for
- Teaming up with other specialists in a multi-site team and building fully automated CI/CD pipelines for different product development projects within IGT-S.
- Taking ownership for your daily activities such as setting up build and test management frameworks, storage management, monitoring activities, etc.
- Gathering requirements from partners, create a design and align with the partners during the implementation of the solution.
- Quickly understanding existing implementations and concepts and extend or improve where needed.
- Challenge a status quo, you seek and propose improvement opportunities which preferably can be implemented with incremental steps.
- Define and implement, build and test improvements that enable the effective software development processes and high quality of software delivered taking into account maintenance responsibility for released products over a range of 10 + years.
Required technical expertise:
- BSc / MSc in SW Engineering, Informatics, Computer Science or equivalent
- At least 3 years experience in software development and DevOps engineering
- Solid understanding and at least 2 years of experience with object-oriented software development in C#, C++, or Java and scripting languages like Python and PowerShell common
- Continuous Integration technologies. (Jenkins, ADS pipelines)
- Software development methodologies and frameworks such as SAFe, Agile and Scrum
- A "lean" attitude, leading change and continuously seeking improvements and ways to reduce "waste".
- Eager to learn and share the latest (and legacy) technologies and tools.
- Standout colleague with proven ability to collaborate with developers and other partners with a DevOps mentality.
- Experience with TDD, systems and IT operations would be nice to have, as well as, work experience in a Healthcare Product development environment.
The Randstad companies are responsible for finding and contracting talent for project roles at Philips. If you are selected for a role you will be contracted by the broker or employed by a Randstad company, and will not be an employee of Philips.