We are looking for a mechanical Development Engineer (Mother and Child Care)
Your Responsibilities include:
· Work on assignments within a project or being fully independent on executing the product development of a single man project
· Investigating new concepts, design new solutions, and realize prototypes using the latest design techniques and process technologies to ultimately release a safe, and performing product to the market. Perform and investigate on technical issues, problem solving strategies, and engineering principles.
· Design, analysis, testing and release to the market of systems and sub-systems (from requirements definition to verified specification).
· Use of critical thinking to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems. Display a knack for complex problem solving by evaluating options and implementing solutions.
· Actively schedule, organize, relevant technical design meetings to present ideas, concepts, results, and status.
· Must be able to thrive in a fast paced, team oriented, new product development environment.
· Working closely with technical team (eg. System Architect and Technical Product Owner) to define recommendation system requirements.
· Prototype and test product concepts or technical solutions to identify the solution that offers the most value to the consumer and business. Identify the limits of the technical solutions and develop models to explain how the different inputs affect the outputs
· Composure, conflict management, timely decision making, listening skills, self-motivation, and perseverance are all requirements of this position.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
· BS or MS in Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Technology or Mechatronic Engineering
· More than 3-5 years of relevant engineering experience is required in a field associated to thermoplastic and / or elastomeric parts
· Track record of mechanical designer responsibility in new product development
· Track record of developing consumer related products from concept development to market launch with key involvement in the industrialization phase
· Clear examples of design of injection-molded & elastomeric parts (including simulation and prototyping knowledge)
· Determination of concept feasibility via sound engineering judgement & prototype evaluation
· Good knowhow and experience with CAD (Pro-Engineer/Creo ), FEA /injection molding analytical tools
· Proof of statistical engineering experience and design for reliability
· apable to executive seamlessly tolerance calculations through multiple components
· In depth knowledge of manufacturing and assembling techniques for thermos-plastics, elastomers and rubbers.
· Capable to challenge tool makers, molders, assembly suppliers on their technical proposals
· Track record in communication with suppliers for manufacturing, cost estimation
· Understanding of design for human factors and ergonomics
· Excellent communication and presentation skills for reporting project status & conducting design reviews.
· Basic Knowledge on Intellectual property filings, process, and searches.
· Basic Knowledge on DOORS (or any other requirement management tool)
· Fluent in English (writing and talking)