Job description: Data Engineer / Scientist Manufacturing
Place in the organization:
Philips Drachten develops & realizes world-class industrialization solutions with passion for Shavers, Grooming and other CL products.
New Product Introduction (NPI) is part of the Philips Drachten operations and responsible for the industrialization of manufacturing processes and high-end products.
Philips is a technology-driven company who has highlighted the need for expansion in their data science team to speed up innovation, improve quality and drive cost agility.
As a data engineer / scientist, you will be working together with other data scientists, IT- and domain experts in manufacturing. The team you will be working with are responsible for applying data mining techniques, statistical analysis and building (predictive) models to test effectiveness in real production environments.
Together with our expert team, you will be developing data-driven solutions to business challenges. You will be the linking pin between our team and our local IT experts, as well as working on the accessibility and analysis of big data sets.
You will be working on state-of-the-art technologies, like (industrial) IoT, Cloud technology, Advanced Analytics and Big Data solutions.
We are looking for:
- Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science, IT, Industrial Engineering, Mathematics, Artificial Intelligence or comparable
- Experience in data engineering (ETL / software development)
- Experience with Python (required), Kafka, R, Spark, SQL or similar tools / languages
- Affinity with data science (statistics/machine learning/artificial intelligence), data visualization and cloud technologies
- Affinity with production technology and manufacturing processes
- Scrum / Agile methodology experience
- Languages: English (required), Dutch
- ? 2 years’ experience in the field of expertise