Cost Engineer MEMS-Foundry – Philips Innovation Services
The cost engineer is responsible, both operational and conceptual, for the accurateness and improvement of the existing cost model, invoicing tool and capacity model used within the MEMS Foundry. Understanding these models, operate them on a daily basis and realize improvements in cooperation and consultation with Process Engineers, Business Support Officers and Management are part of the job.
• Deliver timely and accurate cost input towards Service Plan requests
• Delivering high quality and timely support towards the Process Engineers with cost calculations
• Perform post calculation and gap analysis between forecasted and actual costs
• Liaison with Process Engineering and the BSO for establishing cost figures
• Conduct Fab loading scenario analysis
• Translate customer requirements into accurate input for the quotation process
• Ensure overall data accuracy w.r.t. cost model and invoicing model (the latter will be input towards the administrative invoicing process)
• Bachelor and/or Master’s degree in Business Administration/Industrial Engineering
• Experience with a manufacturing environment is preferred, with a good understanding of manufacturing processes in a ‘job shop’ environment.
• Recommended: knowledge of basic accounting principles
• You have a strong affinity with numbers and are able to understand and translate manufacturing routing/process flows into financial numbers based on parameters like setup time and processing time etc.
• You are very analytical and accurate with a strong drive for quality output
• Fluent in English and Dutch, verbally as well as in writing
• Team player and self-starter
• Knowledge and understanding of EXCEL and database structures