Consumer Marketing Manager Garment Care
As Consumer Marketing Manager in Garment Care you are globally responsible for your own product portfolio. You will join us in on a product range where Philips is the most recognized brand globally. You are offered an attractive balance of strategic thinking and hands-on activity in an international business environment while taking initial ideas through to product development and market introduction.
Note: This role is a maternity cover for a fixed period of 5-6 months.
As Consumer Marketing Manager, you will drive the definition, development and introduction of products that bring ever-more rewarding and enjoyable experiences to consumers by meeting their needs. You will translate in-depth market-, consumer-, shopper insights, as well as competitive analyses into winning concepts by defining product positioning. You will drive consumer and shopper research to identify and optimize the winning concepts, to integrate these new concepts into strategic product roadmaps, and develop and bring the concept from idea to market. Specifically in this role you will:
• Steer the integral product development (IPD) process from start to end, taking initial ideas through to product development and market introduction.
• Interact with various disciplines including Innovation, Technology & Development departments (Singapore), internal and external Design agencies, manufacturing units or external suppliers, marketing management, marketing communication and international sales organizations.
• Help to extend the lifecycle of existing products by contributing with your marketing views and passion for the consumer
• Interact on a regular basis with our marketing teams in key markets and ensure a successful (omnichannel) product launch that fits with the local market needs
• Manage relationships with external partners for your own portfolio
You will be part of the international Philips Garment Care team (3), within the Business Group Domestic Appliances. You will be working in a network of various stakeholders based in both the Netherlands (e.g., consumer marketing team, central communication team, market intelligence specialists) and in the countries (e.g., marketing specialists, key account managers).
We welcome you to a challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities for you to explore.
We are looking for
• University degree or MBA qualified in a relevant subject area (for example business/strategic marketing, economics)
• 2-3 years of consumer marketing, product market introductions or marketing communications experience in an international business environment
• International business or study experience preferred
• Self-driven & entrepreneurial personality (ownership)
• Strong in communication: ability to collaborate with local marketing and sales teams, and create network within the organization globally
• Abstract thinking in combination with a pragmatic attitude
• Good organizational skills
• Fluent in English (written & verbal); French and Germany fluency is an extra asset
• Flexible to travel globally (10%); 1 week
Start date; October 8th 2018
Duration; 6 months
Reason; Maternity leave cover
Level: JG sr60/mid70 - rate between 70 and 82,50 EUR/hr