Communications Manager, Mergers & Acquisitions Operations
Manager, M&A Operations contributes to and creates employee / change management communications, effective use of channels and events for Merger and Acquisition activity at Philips. A manager of M&A Operations must have the experience to work independently, with flexible hours, under time constraints while applying advanced process principles to multiple tasks, all with the utmost confidentiality.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
• Preparation / support: Create communications to build community and promote activities that contribute to employee engagement and culture-building efforts in welcoming new employees to Philips through M&A. Contribute to Day One (the day they become officially part of Philips) Employee Guide production, event logistics, gift ordering, badging and PowerPoint clean-up. Deliver high quality, energetic, lively work; ensure great attention to detail. Ensure consistency and appropriateness of all communications / messaging. Work effectively individually.
• Effective technology support / creation of channels: Build, update and contribute to ensuring the channels are in place for reaching our effective audiences (both within Philips and externally with acquired company), including: SharePoint, intranet, internet, conference calls, webcasts, internal social media / Community, town hall meetings, social media (i.e. LinkedIn) and “Navigating Philips” resources and tools. Use analytics to measure effectiveness, use and reach.
• Manage infrastructure: Maintain and build infrastructure, including distribution lists, headers, template building, mailing / shipping coordination, product photo shoots, headshots and leasing with vendors.
• Event support: Coordinate and contribute to well-orchestrated town halls, trainings, site events, leader events and tradeshows / sales events (as needed). Secure space, manage audio / visual logistics, coordinate shipping and provide general event support.
• Branding strategies: Contribute content to build branding strategies at newly acquired sites, including internal walls, exterior signage and events to celebrate Philips branding.
• Integration liaison: Provide consistency and contribute content to M&A communications plans to facilitate cohesive, consistent communication messaging and alignment. Serve a liaison to work stream leaders.
• University (Bachelor’s) degree
• ? 4 years of related experience in Communications. Healthcare and/or M&A experience is preferred
• Experience in managing logistics and communications processes across a matrixed org
• Excellent oral and written skills – near native English
• Strong project management and organization skills
• Ability to resolve a wide range of issues in creative ways
• Discretion (some information can be very sensitive)
• Collaborative spirit
• Understanding and use of various media (video, Web, digital, etc.)
• Understanding of organizational design and change management
• Ability to interact effectively among executives and peers, as well as external vendors
• Ability to lead a cooperative effort among members of a project team
• Understanding of art direction/creative direction (branding and information design)
• Ownership of work and leading where needed
REPORTING, POSITION IN ORGANIZATION
• Reports to Director, Business Group Communication Management and has a dotted line to Director, M&A Communications who will be the main contact.
• Based in Amsterdam but M&A Director based in US so will need to be flexible when need arises to work out of normal hours.
Start date; Asap
Duration; 6 months
Level; mid JG60 - Please note max rate is 66 EUR/hr