Communications Business Partner, Innovation & Strategy with a focus on the Chief Technology Office
In this role, you have the opportunity to be Business Partner for Communications, Innovation & Strategy with a focus on the Chief Technology Office for ~6 months.
Are you a senior communication expert with deep experience of high-level communications that you can apply in the health technology environment? Do you understand the strategic role that people and content from the Chief Technology Office can play in positioning Philips as thought leader, strategic innovation partner and the best place to work for innovators with purpose?
We are recruiting a temporary Communications Business Partner for our Innovation & Strategy (I&S) Function. I&S covers a range of vital tasks – leading our Strategic agenda, driving our approach to Sustainability; Design; technology platforms and product engineering; Chief Technology Office; Medical Affairs – and more.
Your focus will be on supporting the communications needs of our Chief Technology Officer and his team.
Philips is an innovation and technology company at heart, building on a strong heritage and working with the best and brightest to define the future of healthcare. The Chief Technology Office is right at the heart of this, orchestrating innovation across Philips’ businesses and markets, initiating game-changing innovations that disrupt and cross boundaries in health technology to address opportunities for better clinical and economic outcomes.
In this assignment, you’ll have several key goals, among them: 1) Building upon our reputation as a global health technology thought leader and innovation partner 2) Supporting Philips’ transformation towards a digital and solutions company 3) Demonstrating why Philips is a great place to work for innovators with purpose.
You are responsible for:
• Deliver on the thought leadership program of our Chief Technology Officer, including leading the LinkedIn program, managing and supporting speaking opportunities (speech creation), coordinate, brief and help prepare for interviews
• Support internal Executive communications (e.g. at Town Halls, Henk’s notes) and deliver on the documented CTO Communications plan.
• Be a trusted adviser to the Chief Technology Officer and orchestrate key communications initiatives within the CTO organization – in close collaboration with the CTO Marcom team and HR.
• Support Philips’ transformation program and in specific the CTO change program “CTO2025”. This includes the final preparation and after-event communications of our ‘Change Summit’ early September, finalizing and deploying the internal strategy document and ongoing change communications consultation and support.
• Coordinate and create CTO contribution to I&S Communication platforms, like our global Town Hall.
• Frontline delivery: flawless delivery of content, whether it’s written, presentation, in-person or visual.
You are a part of
You will report into Head of Executive Communications and I&S Communications and will be part of the Philips Group Communications and Events team. You will be one of a group of several Communications Business Partners managing the communications needs of Innovation & Strategy, and part of a wider global team of communications professionals. The role is based in Eindhoven at the CTO office.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
• Master Degree-level education, with at least 10 years of experience in communications in an international matrixed / business environment
• Experience in the healthcare or technology industry and a passion for research and innovation.
• Excellent English language writing skills and communication experience in an English-speaking business environment
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills: non-verbal and verbal, informing, presenting, engaging, convincing, aligning, advising senior executives
• Strong stakeholder management skills: engaging, aligning and managing expectations. You are a confident and fact-based advisor to senior management
• Media relations experience
• Strategic vision combined with a hands-on, ‘no nonsense’ approach
• Complete comfort in and affinity with today’s fast-moving, complex (digital) media environment
• Good understanding of social media in the business-to-business context.
• Strong empathetic skills: listening, adopting right tone of voice
• You are a trustworthy and dependable team player focused on delivering high-quality work