Cloud Architect (Contract)
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Participate in innovative Research projects where you will boost our innovations by enabling the implementation of application stacks on AWS, GCP, and Azure cloud-based infrastructures. You will bring in your expertise in the field of cloud technologies to support our teams in creating breakthrough medical innovations.
You are responsible for
The proper operation of IT resources in the multiple clouds together with your colleagues by:
- Deploying, automating, maintaining, and managing AWS, GCP, and Azure-based IT environments;
- Support Research projects in implementing their applications stacks in the multiple clouds;
- System troubleshooting and problem-solving across platform and application domains;
- Suggesting architecture improvements, recommending process improvements;
- Evaluating new technology options and vendor products;
- Ensuring critical system security through the use of best in class (cloud) security solutions;
- Mentoring members of the cloud community on architectural, engineering, and operational best practices
You are a part of
The Philips Research Software Concepts department, developing advanced solutions for use in hospitals worldwide. More about Philips Research, you will find here: https://www.philips.com/a-w/research/home
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience:
- B.Sc. or Master in Computer Science or other equivalent technical disciplines;
- Professional commitment to high quality, and a passion for learning new skills;
- Strong team player with the ability to communicate and collaborate effectively in a geographically disperse working environment;
- Experience with using a broad range of AWS, GCP, Azure technologies to develop and maintain secure cloud environments;
- Experience with container technologies (e.g. Docker/Kubernetes);
- Ability to analyze and resolve complex infrastructure resource and application deployment issues;
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills are essential;
- Configuration management tools (GitLab/GitHub);
- Basic DB administration experience
- Automated Deployments and Infrastructure as code (Terraform, Helm, Ansible Chef );
- Agile Methodologies: Experience with Agile software development, project management methodologies
In return, we offer you
The chance to develop innovations that matter to people from the hospital to the home. You will design, implement and test the modules, together with maintaining the technology road map. If you enjoy working in an energetic atmosphere, with other professionals who share a passion for improving people's lives, you belong with us.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
The Randstad companies are responsible for finding and contracting talent for project roles at Philips. If you are selected for a role you will be contracted by the broker or employed by a Randstad company, and will not be an employee of Philips.