Clinical Scientist Acute Care Solutions
In this role, you have the opportunity to drive our transformation towards an outcome-based company by creating winning connected solutions for acute care settings that deliver on the quadruple aim by improved health outcome, patient and staff experience, and lower cost of care.
You have the opportunity to create value for and with our customers by shaping and designing the system of engagement as part of our acute care solutions suite initially focusing on the optimization of hemodynamic, delirium, and respiratory management.
Our aspiration is to avoid and reduce complications and to improve the care delivery processes through leveraging high fidelity data in conjunction with evidence-based guidelines to provide actionable insights to the care team seamlessly integrated into the clinical workflow.
You are responsible for
• Keeping abreast of clinical developments in acute care settings through outside-in-scouting, connecting with thought leaders, networking with clinicians, and study of relevant literature and guidelines
• Understanding the clinical workflow, unmet operational requirements, the care path of patients, the needs of caregivers, patients and their family members in acute care settings
• Creating and evaluating compelling value propositions with claims that resonate with clinical users
• Driving the strategy for the system of engagement in acute care settings
• Executing the strategy by developing concepts and guiding their implementation in form of mockups and prototypes for early validation with caregivers
• Developing clinical claims and healthcare economics benefits and road mapping of clinical validation and proof points
• Internally representing the voice of caregivers and patients driving clinically differentiated innovations
• Contributing to the vision and innovation strategy of the connected care research program based on deep understanding of customer needs together with market forces and trends
• Generating intellectual property around the developed propositions
You are a part of
Philips Research is the source of many advanced developments in Healthcare, Lifestyle and Technology. Building on 100 years of experience in industrial research and our world-leading patent position, we're dedicated to bringing meaningful innovations that improve people's lives. We provide technology options for innovations in the area of health and well-being, targeted at both developed and emerging markets. Positioned at the front-end of the innovation process, we work on everything from spotting trends and ideation to proof of concept and first-of-a-kind product development. For more insights you can visit: www.research.philips.com
The Patient Care & Measurements department comprises 40 highly skilled professionals. The focus of the group is to provide clinically relevant and business-compatible solutions for high- and low-acuity care settings, comprising vital signs monitoring, data-driven connected systems, all the way up to enabling services.
At the heart of our capabilities lies an interdisciplinary mix of human physiology, electronic/systems design, IT architecture and clinical workflow, which are being leveraged to develop integrated propositions from idea to concept and up to transfer in one of our business units. We work, already at a very early stage, with our key businesses and leverage our strong academic and clinical network.
The department is involved in early technology scouting up to first-of-a-kind product development for acute and transitional care settings. The successful candidate will not only contribute, but also drive key assignments and strategic initiatives. He/she will have the opportunity to work in an environment where the future depends strongly on his/her individual capabilities.
The location of this position is the High Tech Campus in Eindhoven, the Netherlands.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
• PhD or master’s degree in biomedical engineering, medical informatics, or in a similar medical/technical profession
• Medical Training (Medical Doctor/ Registered Nurse/ Certified Nurse Practitioner or equivalent) is a plus
• Affinity for identifying clinical unmet needs and driving integrated connected care solutions for improved healthcare delivery
• Deep clinical and preferably also technical knowledge of acute care settings
• Expertise in health economics and outcomes research studies
• Ability to synthesize clinical trends and feedback from customers into clinically differentiated solutions
• Human factors experience preferred
• Good communication skills and ability to convince people
• Fluency in English, both written and verbal
• Willingness to travel occasionally (?10%)
Required personal characteristics
• Highly motivated, flexible, social and disciplined team player
• Eager to define, set-up and shape new innovation directions
• Enthusiastic, representative and entrepreneurial personality
• Research and innovation mindset
• Eager to learn and improve e.g. by new technologies, process improvements
• Creative, and abstract thinker with a good balance to application
• Result-driven, accurate and quality minded
• Ambition to create value for our customers
Submit your proposal