C++/UI Software Developer (Contract)
You are a:
Senior C++ Software developer (not embedded) with excellent knowledge of and hands on experience with UI Frameworks. This role is not available for freelancers.
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Get to know that the average heart beats about 100.000 times daily. And that more than 7 million people each year die from coronary heart disease's so, innovation, prevention, diagnosis and treatment is essential to reduce this number and improve the life of the patient.
At Philips IGT-Devices we are working on industry leading solutions helping clinicians on deciding, guiding, treating and confirming the right therapy for each patient in real-time during image-guided therapies (IGT).Are you an enthusiastic Software Developer with relevant experience in the software medical applications industry looking for the next challenge?
If the answer is 'yes', Philips IGT-D might have the opportunity you are looking for!
You are responsible for
Philips IGT-Devices is looking for a strong C++ software developer to contribute to our intravascular imaging and functional measurement applications. The software team's main goal is to de-risk technical designs in an early stage and demonstrate this with early prototypes as well as finalizing these clinical applications and bringing them to the market.
The successful candidate will be a software developer who has a proven track record of modern C++; and graphical user interface software development. He or she is able to deliver high quality designs within project timelines considering the medical device compliance and will be working in a diverse team of highly capable engineers (software and hardware).
A Software Developer:
- Creates high quality working software;
- Features driven development in an agile approach;
- Actively participates in sprint planning, daily stand-up meetings, sprint reviews, sprint retrospectives and backlog refinement. Contributes to continuous improvement of the team, software and processes;
- Designs, codes, documents, tests (automated), maintains and deploys software;
- Supports DevOps in deploying software;
- Defines, monitors and meets performance and quality metrics;
- Provides technical solutions that conform to requirements with a strong focus on end-users, high quality (QMS/regulatory standards), performance, safety and security;
- Keeps abreast of technical knowledge by studying and implementing state-of-the-art programming techniques and development tools, participating in educational opportunities, participating in communities, files invention disclosures.
You are a part of
An extremely driven international cross-functional R&D team of the business unit Image Guided Therapy Devices. Your local team is in Best, The Netherlands, and you will collaborate with other teams globally. Thereby making it a multidisciplinary international endeavor, where flexibility is key. Read more about our cardiology solutions via our site.
As Software Developer IGT Devices, you will report into the Software Manager, Consoles R&D, IGT Devices.
We collaborate in an open and informal way to drive exponential business growth at the intersection of innovation, entrepreneurship and passion - delivering cutting edge technologies that solve century old health challenges with greater speed, higher quality and better accuracy for individuals and families around the world. Join us!!!
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor or Master degree in computer science or computer engineering;
- Excellent programming and design skills in modern C++; and very familiar with implementing real-time graphical user interfaces (for example with frameworks such as QT);5 - years experience developing a high-tech applications;
- Familiar with linear algebra;
- Familiar with advanced and product development processes for medical devices;
- Able to share knowledge across teams and strives for continuous improvement;
- Strong in collaboration with a broad variety of stakeholders including the software center of excellence and system engineering.
The Randstad companies are responsible for finding and contracting talent for project roles at Philips. If you are selected for a role you will be contracted by the broker or employed by a Randstad company, and will not be an employee of Philips.