Back-end developer Java - AWS
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Participate in innovative Research projects where you will boost our innovations by enabling the implementation of application stacks on public cloud-based infrastructures. You will be asked to bring in your expertise in the AWS cloud technologies to support our teams in creating breakthrough innovations.
You are responsible for
• Responsible for the definition, design, implementation and integration systems in high quality, according to requirements and on time;
• Comply and align with software development professionalism standards within the team (processes and methodologies, quality of requirements, design, coding and testing);
• Carry out complicated development and prototyping tasks;
• Good understanding of the market needs and ability to translate them to implementation requirement while considering the overall solution;
• Promote domain knowledge, innovative thinking and customer understanding;
• Promote trust, openness and leverage external capabilities locally and globally;
You are a part of
The Philips Research Software Concepts department, developing advanced solutions for use in hospitals world-wide.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
• B.Sc. or Master in Computer Science or other equivalent technical discipline;
• 5+ years of experience in (Java) SW Development
• Experience with relevant tools & frameworks such as AWS, Docker Micro Services Development, Spring Boot, etc;
• Has experience in infra structure in code, automated software delivery and automated testing;
• Has preferable knowledge about serverless / lambda
• Experience in international organization;
• Experience in medical device development;
• Solid understanding and programming skills with databases;
• Experience on Unix environment;
• Ability to work effectively in an Agile team oriented environment (local and global teams);
• Being able to adapt to dynamic and changing requirements and needs;
• Excellent English verbal and written communication skills are essential;
In return, we offer you
The chance to develop innovations that matter to people from the hospital to the home. You will design, implement and test the modules, together with maintaining the technologic road-map. If you enjoy working in an energetic atmosphere, with other professionals who share a passion for improving people’s lives, you belong with us.
Why should you join Philips Research?
Philips Research is the source of many advanced developments in Healthcare, Lifestyle and Technology. Building on 100 years of experience in industrial research and our world-leading patent position, we're dedicated to bringing meaningful innovations that improve people's lives. We provide technology options for innovations in the area of health and well-being, targeted at both developed and emerging markets. Positioned at the front-end of the innovation process, we work on everything from spotting trends and ideation to proof of concept and first-of-a-kind product development. For more insights you can visit: https://www.philips.com/a-w/research/home.html