Architect / development lead
In this role, you have the opportunity to
contribute building the portfolio of the Aging and Care Giving business and bringing your architectural skills to a higher level. The headquarters of the Aging and Care Giving is in Framingham, but the product development group is based in Eindhoven (HTC)
You are responsible for:
• Architecturing of new products for Aging and Care Giving portfolio, in line with the V-model thinking and supportive to the product team (incl project lead, quality & assurance manager, safety and compliance manager, test&verification, supply chain)
• Able to define a verification plan to test&validate the product requirements
• Interpretation of test&validation results according the requirements of the product
• Documenting results in line with requirement management and according the ISE-Q standards for medical products
• Able to execute rootcause finding in case of bad results or failures
• Execute product development work independently, but working in a team. Both, the product team where working together with other disciplines, as in the architecture team which is lead by the principal architect.
• Being the development lead for the project.
You are a part of (= Team structure & place in the organization)
• Are you excited by innovation and new developments in the healthcare field and do you want to be part of a team with excellent challenges, then this might be the opportunity you are looking for!
• Philips Personal Health Systems Information is one of four clusters within Royal Philips Electronics, and focusses on connecting consumers and patients with their care providers through the Cloud, supported by big data analytics, digital platforms and clinical support applications. As part of the Personal Health Systems BG in this cluster, the Aging and Care Giving BU focusses on Personal Emergency Response Systems (PERS) to empower senior living at home and Control Systems for Elderly Living. We develop the devices that assist the PERS and Elderly Living solutions like Home Communicators and Emergency Buttons.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience (= Requirements)
• Bachelor in physics, mechanical, electronics or engineering and 5 years of experience in system development or master degree in physics, mechanical, electronics or engineering with 3 years of experience in system development.
• Demonstrable previous experience in system development and working in architectural design
• Experience in RF, Bluetooth, and mobile communication / connectivity is a pre
• Have an eager to win mentality and willing to learn
• Being a team player
• Having good communication skills in English (in writing and speaking)
• Delivering results timely and accurately