AR-VR specialist (Freelance)
Software Concepts (Philips Research) is looking for a contract Unity developer who will be responsible for designing, implementing and developing our immersive (AR / VR) experiences/prototypes. You will be expected to maneuver complex technical challenges in a complex medical research environment. You will get the opportunity to work on green-field medical research experiences with a clear goal of improving the lives of people!
Qualifications we are looking for:
- 3+ years of Unity Development experience
- 3+ years of experience programming using C#
- Experience creating proven VR/AR applications or experiences using Unity
- Curious and self-directed with a strong attention to detail
- Strong problem-solving, debugging skills and an aptitude for learning new technologies
- Solid understanding of data structures, algorithms, object-oriented design and design patterns.
- Demonstrated ability to write clean, readable, reliable, and optimized code
- Ability to work in a cross-domain environment
- Experience with ARKit / ARCore.
- Knowledge of Unreal Engine
- Experience building native plugins in Unity or other game engines.
- Work with researchers, designers, artists, programmers, stakeholders to execute VR and AR healthcare software prototypes
- Use C# and Unity to implement features such as user interactions, environments, FX, animations and more
- Understand different styles of interaction mechanics and how to implement them to create a fun and exciting experience
- Learn, research and test healthcare hypotheses to solve development problems
- Vet and integrate other technical libraries, SDKs or APIs to create a better product (Example: adding and using ARCore or ARKit SDK for mobile AR development)
- Strong communication with team members to be able to expand on User Stories/Features and estimate time to complete them
- Document your findings to guide developers through the best practices
The Randstad companies are responsible for finding and contracting talent for project roles at Philips. If you are selected for a role you will be contracted by the broker or employed by a Randstad company, and will not be an employee of Philips.