AD Project Lead – AD PMO, IT Male Grooming
For the AD PMO Department (Advanced Development, Project Management Office) within Innovation Team Male grooming, we are looking for an AD Project Lead to make our ambitions happen.
As an AD Project Lead you will together with you project team members, translate consumer-, business- and functional requirements into next generation innovative Male grooming products! Advanced Development stands for the pre-development activities within our Innovation team. Starting with consumer insights or a challenge from technical point of view, the AD projects brings the project from this point to a proven validated and verified solution. The AD project delivers to the succeeding project called PDLM (Product Development, Launch and Maintenance), where the proven function out of the AD project is designed and manufactured into the consumer product launch. You will supervise a team of development engineers on Function- and Product development from Value proposition, to concept creation to function proven level, where you will be the technical counterpart for our internal consumer marketing managers, our industrial designers, our manufacturing engineers (possible suppliers in Eastern Europe or in the Far East).
You will steer a multidisciplinary project team (amongst consumer marketing manager, product developers, function developers, product researchers, new product industrialization engineers and quality engineers) as the project lead. You are responsible for:
• Translating the consumer, commercial, functional and design requirements into the project scope, project-planning, -time, -quality criteria;
• Creation of the required development logic with the development team and manage the cross functional aspects as a project leader;
• Translating the commercial, functional and design requirements into the project plan, -time, -quality criteria;
• Identifying gaps and implementing improvements to bring the development approach to a higher level (according to DfSS methodology);
• Ensuring your AD projects are resourced to win (aligned capacity with the right competence’s), building a winning team out of the group of project members;
• Leading, coaching and stimulating the multi-disciplinary team of technical, consumer, marketing and design team members to enable strategic decisions on progress and content;
• Supervising the output of the technical development engineering team on Function and Product development from Value proposition to Function proven;
• Developing and optimizing functionality, performance, quality, reliability, cost price and manufacturability of products;
• Delivering the right level of burden of proof for robustness and durability for components, modules and products;
• Actively mapping and managing all stakeholders within the organization, working according a tailor-made communication plan to manage and generate therewith the right boundary conditions for his project;
• Reporting the project results and risks to all stakeholders in the right way, presenting at Indepth review meeting for project progress, pre-consolidations and at AD CommCell for weekly status updates;
• Budget: Ensuring project cost in line with RoFo and AOP; manage project budget planning in QlikView according to the forecasts
You will be part of the AD PMO Group, which consists of ~10 young, enthusiastic AD Project leads within the Innovation Team Male Grooming, which is located in Philips Drachten. We are responsible for developing new innovations for all Function- and Technology projects related to Male grooming products. There is a high variety in project size and complexity (5 – 50 FTE, 400k/y – 2,5M/y, 1y – 3y), where depending on experience, fit and interest AD Projectleads are allocated over projects. With the group we execute B.I.’s (Brief Investigations), VPC’s (Value proposition creation) and AD’s. You will report to the AD PMO Male Grooming Grouplead.
We are looking for
To be successful as an AD Project Lead, you need to have/are:
• Bachelor / Master Degree in Technical study (Electronics&Software, Mechatronics, Mechanical Engineering or related field), leading AD projects successfully requires a strong content-wise background and experience;
• Strong Project management skills preferably passed on the PMI PMBOK, chosen as platform for Philips Project Management Excellence community;
• You have experience in managing (international) multi-disciplinary projects, preferably in Business to Consumer;
• Knowledge of the development/design of mechanical/electronics/software of consumer products and preferably you are familiar with the manufacturability aspects.
• Excellent communication skills – both in spoken and written English; Dutch is a plus but not a must
• Ambitious Leader, a team player and you have good coordination, organizational awareness skills
• Development according to DfSS (Design for Six sigma); Consumer focused development, steering on fact-based, knowledge driven decision making as much as possible.
• Strong preference for minimum of 3 years of experience in the field of (consumer) product development or predevelopment
• Familiar with state-of-the-art development techniques
• Show drive and be quality focused.
• The ability to balance development and practical realization;
• Preference to work in an international environment.