Lead Mechanical Development Engineer
For the Mechanical Development team of Business Group Coffee we are looking for a Lead Mechanical Engineer who will work on product development of coffee appliances from initial design concepts to mass production in a multidisciplinary team.
As a Lead Mechanical Engineer you will be responsible for the mechanical product design of new filter, portioned and espresso coffeemakers. Your challenge is to implement new concepts and functions into products that will deliver added value for consumers looking for their precious moment of delight. You will work with a multidisciplinary team (consisting of function development engineers, product research specialists and mechanical engineers) and you will be the technical counterpart for commercial managers and designers to realize the most attractive appliances.
As a Lead Mechanical Engineer in the Mechanical Development Team of BG Coffee you will be responsible for:
• Leading, coaching and stimulating the multi-disciplinary team of product engineers and developers within product development projects;
• Developing and realizing coffeemaker product architectures
• Releasing products, components, modules and products for mass production;
• Planning, realizing and steering the mechanical product development and manage the cross functional aspects as a technical project leader;
• Identifying gaps and implementing improvements to bring the development approaches to a higher level.
You will be based in Drachten, the Netherlands. Our site in Drachten started in 1950 as a small factory and is nowadays one of the largest innovation and production sites of Philips Consumer Lifestyle. Approximately 2000 employees of more than 35 nationalities are continuously working on new, innovative products and further improvement of our processes. This site has a surface area of 280,000 square meters. Our goal is being the best place to work for people who share our passion. You will become part of the Coffee team that consists of 55 enthusiastic innovation specialists.